Thursday, 25 September 2008

Launch of National Breast Cancer Foundation campaign turns Australia pink!


To officially launch the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) pink ribbon campaign, cities around Australia have turned their lights on to light up important landmarks. Breast cancer month is inaugurated annually in October to raise funds for research and raise awareness of breast cancer, which can affect 1 in 8 women and also the lives of their families and friends. Each capital city and a few additional cities in Australia will participate by lighting up notable landmarks in pink – the official NBCF campaign colour. Perth will play a part by lighting up several major landmarks including Winthrop hall at the University of Western Australia. As I was driving home today, I caught a magnificent view of Winthrop hall and just had to stop to takes some pictures.

Source: www.globalillumination.org.au

3 comments:

Indigo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Aj :-) Shame we couldn't catch up today. Hopefully some other time.. just letting you know I have decided to start blogging again! See: http://fugitivedesire.blogspot.com/ . I added you to my blogroll :-) Hoping you can add me to yours too! Cheers :-) See you soon! - M.

Lisa Cluett said...

Hi there - I run the UWA Facebook paeg and am hoping I can use your phtoo of Winthrop Hall in pink lights this week as our profile pic (I know it's from last year but I figure it'll look pretty much the same this year!).

Can you let me know if that's ok with you? I can give a ref to you if you like.

Lisa - lisa.cluett@uwa.edu.au