Sunday, 24 June 2007

It's times like these that make it all worth-while

3rd February 2007

Ahhhh...A big sigh of relief from my part of the world. I had a very satisfying day in the lab today (yes, a Saturday). I finally got the result i was looking for and a result that takes me one step closer to fulfilling one of my goals for 2007 ie. to present my work at a conference. With a little tweaking of my experimental protocol i was able to show the interaction of two proteins that i am studying. I had been trying to do this for the last 5 months (in two different systems - in vivo and in vitro) and i was able to show an interaction on two separate occassions but the interactons were very weak. Today's result gave me a strong indication of binding. Yay! Thank you phosphatase inhibitors.

No comments: